Dental Crowns & How They Can Help Your Smile
Are you in need of dental crowns? Dental crowns are dental restorations that completely cover the outside of the teeth. Dental crowns can correct many different types of dental issues. Ogden Dental, which is located in Columbia, MO, offers a complete range of dental services. Dr. Michael Ogden is one of the finest dentists in Columbia, MO. Read on to learn about dental crowns and how they can help your smile.
1. Strengthen Teeth- Dental crowns are cemented into place. Once placed, the dental crown becomes the tooth's outer surface. The crown restores the tooth's strength, size, and shape. Dental crowns strengthen weakened and damaged teeth and protect them from further damage. Crowns are incredibly strong and they will restore full function of your teeth.
2. Restore Decayed Teeth- Crowns are used to restore badly decayed teeth. Tooth decay is the destruction of your tooth enamel. Causes of tooth decay include bacteria, frequent snacking, drinking sugary beverages, and poor oral hygiene. Crowned teeth are protected from decay, except for the gum line.
3. Fix Cracked Teeth- Cracking a tooth is a common phenomenon. It can happen as a result of an accident or eating hard foods like nuts or hard candy. Fractured teeth can make eating painful, interfering with oral function. A dental crown can be used to restore a tooth that has been cracked. A crown will restore the structure of your tooth so you can eat in comfort.
4. Repair Chipped Teeth- Chipping a tooth is very common. A dental crown can be used to repair a tooth that has been chipped. A dental crown can make your chipped tooth look whole and healthy again. If your tooth is chipped, see your dentist as soon as possible. Otherwise, your tooth could be damaged further or become infected.
5. Whiten Teeth- Tobacco use is a common cause of tooth discoloration and can turn the teeth brown or yellow. Pigments from dark-colored drinks and foods also cause stains on your teeth. Since crowns are placed over the teeth, they can correct tooth discoloration.
If you need dental crowns, why wait? We can help you today. Call Ogden Dental at (573) 449-7483 today to schedule a consultation with your dentist in Columbia, MO. We want all of our patients to have a smile that's strong and beautiful!